Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tea Time!

     Ever since going to the UK 6 years, I have had a soft spot in my heart for hot teas. While black, oolong and green are all nice in their own respects, I find herbal teas are my go-to. Maybe because they don't need to be decaffeinated (caffeine sends my OCD into overdrive) before I drink them. Maybe because they are so easy to customize blends. Whatever the reason, I love them. One of my absolute FAVORITE blends is this:

•3 whole cloves
•1-1" piece of cinnamon
•2 whole allspice berries
•1 small chunk of candied ginger
•2 whole rose hips
•6-8 hibiscus petals





Steep in hot water and add sugar and/or a splash of lemon juice, to taste. It makes a deep red, highly-fragrant liquid that is gently spiced, warming, and soothing.

Plus, it is chock-full of health benefits!

 



Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment